Young Power in Social Action (YPSA), a NGO, is working to improve the conditions in the Chittagong shipbreaking yards. To do this we are:
- Running a campaign and doing advocacy to raise awareness in the community and at the national level.
- Trying to influence international policy makers for ensuring environment friendly ship dismantling.
- Aiming to influence the policy makers to ensure that the necessary measures are taken to uphold the rights of workers and that shipbreaking is conducted in a safe and environmentally friendly way.
- Conducting research, monitoring and fact finding activities at the grassroots level on the conditions and impact of shipbreaking activities in Chittagong.
- Providing support and assistance to injured shipbreaking workers and the families of deceased workers along with different development programs in the surrounding villages.